She Who Paused Time
Walked by with the grace of a dragon fly.
Played the floor with her heels like baby lightning strikes.
Captured my eyesight with columns divine.
Carried dark silky waves as she played the air with every single snare
And before she was to forever leave the sight
She took a moment to pause time.
For the brave hearts alone who would dare to be
sublime. Look into her eyes, and meet sunrise.
David Pyrs's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (She Who Paused Time by David Pyrs )
- Our Fall خريفنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sufferings, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- MacDeath - From Zombie Apocalypse Poems .., Matthew Lawler
- No where, hasmukh amathalal
- Don't Cover Your Eyes, Francie Lynch
- I am your mind, gajanan mishra
- What is Fall?, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Holy relation, hasmukh amathalal
- Echo Within, vikram adhikari
- What a Dream it was, mohamed Alpha Ba
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)