She Who Paused Time
Walked by with the grace of a dragon fly.
Played the floor with her heels like baby lightning strikes.
Captured my eyesight with columns divine.
Carried dark silky waves as she played the air with every single snare
And before she was to forever leave the sight
She took a moment to pause time.
For the brave hearts alone who would dare to be
sublime. Look into her eyes, and meet sunrise.
David Pyrs's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (She Who Paused Time by David Pyrs )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- Ode to the Cereal Bowl: after Bukowski's.., Frank Avon
- Reflected Inspection, Kela LewisMorin
- Clean Plates, Frank Avon
- One Of Many, Kela LewisMorin
- Purpose, Kela LewisMorin
- Love, Kela LewisMorin
- What Is Right?, Kela LewisMorin
- Happy New Year, Kela LewisMorin
- 01 - A Little Talk, George Hunter
- Belief, Kela LewisMorin