She Who Paused Time
Walked by with the grace of a dragon fly.
Played the floor with her heels like baby lightning strikes.
Captured my eyesight with columns divine.
Carried dark silky waves as she played the air with every single snare
And before she was to forever leave the sight
She took a moment to pause time.
For the brave hearts alone who would dare to be
sublime. Look into her eyes, and meet sunrise.
David Pyrs's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (She Who Paused Time by David Pyrs )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Poem of the Day
- To Be A Man Is Most Important, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Croc a Smile, Ima Ryma
- Judgement Call, bryan wallace
- Uncle Styopa part 3 by N. Mickhalkov, Yuri Starostin
- Darkness, yvonne stine
- Knocking at your door, yvonne stine
- Noisy -Noisy Frog, Aftab Alam
- Prince and Saviour, yvonne stine
- يا قمرنا يا مليح, Abdullah alHemaidy
- God is faithful & True, yvonne stine