Shining Like The Britght Stars
The night sky gleaming with beauty.
You look past the stars,
You see the scars left behind,
The beauty distracting you,
Hiding its pain.
Most look and see what it shows them.
They never wonder what's behind the beauty.
You push behind the light,
You come to the center.
Darkness coursing through it,
Like blood through the heart.
you come closer touching the darkness.
The night sky grabs you and pushes you back.
Never wanting you to see it's true self.
It casts you out,
But you grab it and pull yourself in.
You come back to the darkness,
Pushing it away.
You graab the soul,
Pullin it out of the trap it was set in.
You look at it,
It's beauty is more fascinating,
Then the stars themsleves.
Your eyes begin to water as
You see it's true self.
You smile, grab it
And show it love.
The darkness dicipates,
Light begins to shine brighter.
For the first tim the soul
Is able to show the universe it's true self.
Mike Faulkner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Shining Like The Britght Stars by Mike Faulkner )
- Earth's Time Clock Ticks, Patricia Kelley
- I Have Fallen In Deep, Lilly Emery
- Bramblehash, Luke J. Holt
- A Bare Night, Tony Adah
- That Special Feeling, Bill Cantrell
- The Pit Among Dreams, Lilly Emery
- Vietnam ~ Part 2, Sara Fielder
- Time, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- The Search For Peace, david kush
- Without It Questioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar