Shining Like The Britght Stars
The night sky gleaming with beauty.
You look past the stars,
You see the scars left behind,
The beauty distracting you,
Hiding its pain.
Most look and see what it shows them.
They never wonder what's behind the beauty.
You push behind the light,
You come to the center.
Darkness coursing through it,
Like blood through the heart.
you come closer touching the darkness.
The night sky grabs you and pushes you back.
Never wanting you to see it's true self.
It casts you out,
But you grab it and pull yourself in.
You come back to the darkness,
Pushing it away.
You graab the soul,
Pullin it out of the trap it was set in.
You look at it,
It's beauty is more fascinating,
Then the stars themsleves.
Your eyes begin to water as
You see it's true self.
You smile, grab it
And show it love.
The darkness dicipates,
Light begins to shine brighter.
For the first tim the soul
Is able to show the universe it's true self.
Mike Faulkner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Shining Like The Britght Stars by Mike Faulkner )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Roses Are Red Violets Are Blue, Jennifer Alejandra
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Can't I?, Nisha K. Janine
- Making plans, Angell Afinowi
- 'While There's Life, There's Hope', Mae AC.
- Thoughts of her, Nick Kler
- A flaw, gajanan mishra
- Gaining status, Angell Afinowi
- The Freedom I Seek, Douglas ClearyMaxwell
- Stages of life, gajanan mishra
- Remmbering Guernica, John F. McCullagh
- Value, Carolyn Blackmon