Men went happily to death
But they were not the men
Up to the line.
These rode a few times
And were gone
Leaving a heritage of obscene song.
Ernest Hemingway's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Shock Troops by Ernest Hemingway )
- We've Got to Tear These Fences Down Yeah!, David Clinch
- It's My Home, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- In the Sun's Falsetto, Kewayne Wadley
- A Poem, David Clinch
- Caught In the Crossfire, David Clinch
- Lonnie Donegan Stood, David Clinch
- The Survivor, Annalee Hopkins Somerville
- Who Are You, Tone Lyriker
- Rossette, Naveed Khalid
- tell sadness to catch the next bus, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Udiah (witness to Yah)