I'm not naive and I'm not dumb,
I see you standing there with your gun.
You wanted what was best and what was mine,
But in the end only your own death you will find.
Between what is good and what is evil,
Don't be stupid to question if I'm an angel or your equal.
Thinking you're sneaky but you're not so wise,
I never got caught up in all of your lies.
The feeling of pleasure will one day be your pain,
When it arrives it will come at your disdain.
Taking what you want with no respect,
Eventually your life you will have to inspect.
So go on and shoot me in the heart,
I may die now but my ghost will forever haunt.
Your memory of me and what you have done,
I will make sure your head finally finds the gun.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Shoot Me by Leigh Ladd )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- RAMADAN رمضان, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 'SNATCHING OF THE GOAT', guy lipmore
- OUT OF DESTROYED BUILDINGS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Blue Fly, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Hunkered Down With Memories, Lonnie Hicks
- ODESSA. UKRAINE., human woman
- THAT FACE ذلك الوجه, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Looking Upon Us, Naveed Akram
- Sweet Valentine, Lara A. Aqrawi
- No Reins, Lauren B Called