In pain and anguish, I cry out,
Although my scream is never heard,
Except by those who feel my agony,
For I shall never speak a word.
The pain I feel is overwhelming;
It is more than I can bear.
I am not loved, nor am I wanted
By those who should, but do not care.
Not only feel I fleshly pain,
But, also, in my infant spirit,
Thus, I cry from deep rejection,
But, still they will not hear it.
My flesh, though perfect in it's form,
Is being cut and ripped and torn;
If they would only hear my cry
And would allow my being born.
But, to them I am a fetus, not a child
To them I have no right to claim as mine.
They stop their ears so they cannot hear,
Though my petition comes from one divine.
How can they kill the innocent, the yet unborn
When even those who murder are set free?
It seems that justice has been changed,
For they have spurned and altered God's decree.
Will it always be that I must suffer, thus?
Will they, with conscience seared, not even try
To understand my plight, unstop their ears- -
Or, must I, still in silence, ever die?
By L. B. Strawn
L.B. Strawn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Silent Cry by L.B. Strawn )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Life is more than anything else, gajanan mishra
- DJ, The Making of A DJ, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Innocent heart, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I'll Be Here, Michael P. McParland
- Kitchen Charade, Nicole C Esbach
- &, Nicole C Esbach
- Chiaroscuro, Nicole C Esbach
- Sonnet # 536, Luis Estable
- SELF-INTROSPECTION ON MY HAPPY BIRTH DAY, Purusottam Chuli
- I Wish For Peace, Serena Blackinton