In pain and anguish, I cry out,
Although my scream is never heard,
Except by those who feel my agony,
For I shall never speak a word.
The pain I feel is overwhelming;
It is more than I can bear.
I am not loved, nor am I wanted
By those who should, but do not care.
Not only feel I fleshly pain,
But, also, in my infant spirit,
Thus, I cry from deep rejection,
But, still they will not hear it.
My flesh, though perfect in it's form,
Is being cut and ripped and torn;
If they would only hear my cry
And would allow my being born.
But, to them I am a fetus, not a child
To them I have no right to claim as mine.
They stop their ears so they cannot hear,
Though my petition comes from one divine.
How can they kill the innocent, the yet unborn
When even those who murder are set free?
It seems that justice has been changed,
For they have spurned and altered God's decree.
Will it always be that I must suffer, thus?
Will they, with conscience seared, not even try
To understand my plight, unstop their ears- -
Or, must I, still in silence, ever die?
By L. B. Strawn
L.B. Strawn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Silent Cry by L.B. Strawn )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
Poem of the Day
- Goodnight Prayer(For You), Michael McParland
- Marching On, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rum, crumbs!, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Point It Out To You, Edward Kofi Louis
- elephant selfie, lee fones
- You Are Very Beautiful II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Winter and Christmas, Rimni chakravarty
- - Μουγγό σκυλί (Greek poem), Giorgio A. V.
- Say You Are One of Them, Aysha Ananse
- Astonished, Edward Kofi Louis