In pain and anguish, I cry out,
Although my scream is never heard,
Except by those who feel my agony,
For I shall never speak a word.
The pain I feel is overwhelming;
It is more than I can bear.
I am not loved, nor am I wanted
By those who should, but do not care.
Not only feel I fleshly pain,
But, also, in my infant spirit,
Thus, I cry from deep rejection,
But, still they will not hear it.
My flesh, though perfect in it's form,
Is being cut and ripped and torn;
If they would only hear my cry
And would allow my being born.
But, to them I am a fetus, not a child
To them I have no right to claim as mine.
They stop their ears so they cannot hear,
Though my petition comes from one divine.
How can they kill the innocent, the yet unborn
When even those who murder are set free?
It seems that justice has been changed,
For they have spurned and altered God's decree.
Will it always be that I must suffer, thus?
Will they, with conscience seared, not even try
To understand my plight, unstop their ears- -
Or, must I, still in silence, ever die?
By L. B. Strawn
L.B. Strawn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Silent Cry by L.B. Strawn )
- I listened, I listened, I listened, arshad arshad
- Preparation, Effie Waller Smith
- News York City, Ima Ryma
- Always Money, Taurai, George Pfumbi
- Marbles and Stones, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- I will not say 'ave', Trong Phan
- Magical Love, Taurai, George Pfumbi
- Postcard, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- I'll Never Leave, Taurai, George Pfumbi
- Drug war, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- You Will Forever Be In My Heart, Crystal Piatt
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Television, Roald Dahl
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 March 1941 -)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)