Silent Soldier (June 2009)
Just before deployment started in 2008,
I met while in a cisco class, as the router worked to colate,
the life of a soldier, SPC Justin A. Saint,
In time knocked the visitor suffer, who's power seemed oblate,
when it brought its buddy 'the talker' whos silver tongue left a comfortable kind of innate.
That day started with talk of a wartime complaint,
which led to threat of shooting and murder possibly making a date.
It flowed with a grin of sarcasm done to shed some weight,
then parted in plans of my promise to visit that evening sometime between 7 and 8.
Time: 08: 50 (the following morning)
With faces down I wonder what was this au fait
a buddy of battle upset in her usual selfish gait.
It hit me during her bicker that altered her schedule from some soldiers fate.
The sound of the gun blast rang and the pitch of the belltowers caused me to deflate,
while the Omega unmasked the bullet who stole my dear Brothers estate.
I fell in blackness, and, is it over? ? .. still dont recall, how the storm became abate.
In Loving Memory
4 Feb.1986 - 15 Oct.2008
Time: 09: 30
Julie Schleppegrell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Silent Soldier (June 2009) by Julie Schleppegrell )
- Somebody Often Keeps Asking, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The devotee shows his angry to the God!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Love-bonding With a Muhammedan Girl (Bil.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Mera Amanaat Hai Tum, Amitava Sur
- IN both terms, hasmukh amathalal
- Before The Bullets, Alfred Barna
- Besame (Translation Of Kiss Me), Adriana Avila
- Well behaved, hasmukh amathalal
- Never Far From You, Wani Rahil
- Cloak of Autumn, Jacqueline Nash
Poem of the Day
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- O Tell Me The Truth About Love, WH Auden
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No More Clichés, Octavio Paz
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)