Silent Soldier (June 2009)
Just before deployment started in 2008,
I met while in a cisco class, as the router worked to colate,
the life of a soldier, SPC Justin A. Saint,
In time knocked the visitor suffer, who's power seemed oblate,
when it brought its buddy 'the talker' whos silver tongue left a comfortable kind of innate.
That day started with talk of a wartime complaint,
which led to threat of shooting and murder possibly making a date.
It flowed with a grin of sarcasm done to shed some weight,
then parted in plans of my promise to visit that evening sometime between 7 and 8.
Time: 08: 50 (the following morning)
With faces down I wonder what was this au fait
a buddy of battle upset in her usual selfish gait.
It hit me during her bicker that altered her schedule from some soldiers fate.
The sound of the gun blast rang and the pitch of the belltowers caused me to deflate,
while the Omega unmasked the bullet who stole my dear Brothers estate.
I fell in blackness, and, is it over? ? .. still dont recall, how the storm became abate.
In Loving Memory
4 Feb.1986 - 15 Oct.2008
Time: 09: 30
Julie Schleppegrell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Silent Soldier (June 2009) by Julie Schleppegrell )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Forgotten, Michael P. McParland
- Forgive Me?, Michael P. McParland
- The Hermit, David Lessard
- Forever Yours, Michael P. McParland
- Colors of Our Love, Saliah Jabbar
- Forever Hope, Michael P. McParland
- Many Mornings Before Sunrise, M.J. Lemon
- For You, Michael P. McParland
- For Now (Know I Miss You), Michael P. McParland
- Footsteps, Michael P. McParland