Dorian Petersen Potter
Silly Billy (Free Style)
You said you don't like what I draw,
But I don't care what you think about it, don't you see?
Because anyway I like drawing pictures just for me
And I don't really care anything about you anyway
What I do is my own business and not yours
You're just jealous because you can't even draw the letter 'a'
Just leave me alone and go far away!
When you go away I promise you I won't cry
You better stop following me around,
You better don't put me down!
My drawings are better than yours
And that's why your head is so sore!
Your drawings look so silly
And that's why they call you silly Billy
'Cause you like eating beans and chili
Directly from a freeze and very chilly!
What I do is my business and not yours
You're just jealous because the teacher likes me
Best and she doesn't really like you
Anymore, 'cause you dumped upon her head glittered glue!
What a way was that to go
Keep it high or keep it low
My pants are much better than yours you know
You can cry and whine, I still keep you on your toes!
Cause you like eating beans and chili
And that's why they call you silly Billy!
Dorian Petersen Potter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
A children's poem.
Comments about this poem (Silly Billy (Free Style) by Dorian Petersen Potter )
- Beauty, narasanna n narasanna n
- This Week's Spread, Jim Creston
- The Other Side, David Harris
- Come! Let's make it happen, Asma Riaz Khan
- O Beija-flor, Von Kimball Barney
- A Sincere Apology, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Leaves in Colors, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Never Give Up, Lilly Emery
- sterilization process of our modern system, Anthony Cavuoti
- Kopje onder, Madrason writer
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns