Silver things are pretty things
they fill us with such delight.
Like the tinsel on a Christmas tree
all glittering in the light.
Silver things can be simple things
and very homely too, such as a silver
buckle that fastens up a shoe.
Silver things are Natures things
like the frost on an Autumn Morn.
When all the harvest is over and it's time
to scatter the corn.
Silver things are sacred things which are
very close to the heart. Like the blessing of
a couple who have been there for each other
right from the start.
This is ourTwenty Fifth Anniversary of our
Wedding Day. When on that day we took our vows
'To Love Honour and Obey!
sylvia spencer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Silver by sylvia spencer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Conor's Kid, B.. Alexander
- The journey, Eric Bult
- اكنون تو رفته اى و غزل گريه مى كند, Mehri Mehraban
- Bat 'Bleep', Ima Ryma
- The Path, Aalok Sensharma
- Invitation, Aalok Sensharma
- For Kira, Michael McParland
- LET US FIND OUT, ROCHISH MON
- Bipolar Type 1, Michael McParland
- Borrowing from a dream, Pradip Chattopadhyay