I am not my job.
That is just a service I provide.
My job is to be a myth.
To be a shadow leaping from corner to corner.
A gesture towards the correct course of actions.
I do not hide but I am hidden.
Born from mouths that call for answers.
Killed by hands that hold their faith firmly.
I am not my body.
That is just a vehicle stuck in drive.
My body is to be a confined quality.
To be a reminder all is finite.
An anchor stowed into existence.
Though I endure I am not preserved.
Felt by those who only want to feel.
Pushed form they who only serve themselves.
I am not my emotions.
They are just temporal flares of reaction.
My emotions are to be my nexus.
To be a bridge I can bring others across.
An opening of the heart to let in the truth.
Forming inside of a constant battle.
Dissipating once a side is chosen.
I am not my thoughts.
They are merely ruminations on my situation.
My thoughts are to be psalms that inspire peace.
To be tools that carve a beautiful theme.
A weapon to turn on those who rally against life.
Blossoming out of some grand nature.
Imprisoned by anti-social structures.
Hail the centrifugal force.
Binding these things together.
It has no name.
It needs no name.
Hail, hail the mystery!
Alex Chemilowsky's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sine Nominae by Alex Chemilowsky )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- TRUE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS, Eugene W. Miller
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- 'Tis a Somewhat Sad Christmas!, Dr John Celes
- Let me observe carefully, gajanan mishra
- Waiting, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- Thank all and smile, hasmukh amathalal
- O my Lord, gajanan mishra
- The Day Is Gone, And All Its Sweets Are .., Luo Zhihai
- Picturing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Flag of peace, gajanan mishra
- Changing Positions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Elevated Insight, RoseAnn V. Shawiak