I am not my job.
That is just a service I provide.
My job is to be a myth.
To be a shadow leaping from corner to corner.
A gesture towards the correct course of actions.
I do not hide but I am hidden.
Born from mouths that call for answers.
Killed by hands that hold their faith firmly.
I am not my body.
That is just a vehicle stuck in drive.
My body is to be a confined quality.
To be a reminder all is finite.
An anchor stowed into existence.
Though I endure I am not preserved.
Felt by those who only want to feel.
Pushed form they who only serve themselves.
I am not my emotions.
They are just temporal flares of reaction.
My emotions are to be my nexus.
To be a bridge I can bring others across.
An opening of the heart to let in the truth.
Forming inside of a constant battle.
Dissipating once a side is chosen.
I am not my thoughts.
They are merely ruminations on my situation.
My thoughts are to be psalms that inspire peace.
To be tools that carve a beautiful theme.
A weapon to turn on those who rally against life.
Blossoming out of some grand nature.
Imprisoned by anti-social structures.
Hail the centrifugal force.
Binding these things together.
It has no name.
It needs no name.
Hail, hail the mystery!
Alex Chemilowsky's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sine Nominae by Alex Chemilowsky )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Ode on Solitude, Alexander Pope
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- ಶೂನ್ಯ, Deepak Malapur
- Here We Are In The Year 2015, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Woodcutter, prayash purush
- A Deprived Child, Dona Jean
- Meditation, Rimni chakravarty
- Dear! It Has To Be you, Rimni chakravarty
- Upon These Adored Shores, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Myself, Rimni chakravarty
- A tale of two trees, Ricky Nyairo
- Priceless Price, Persian Nightingale