Night, with its sweet melody, silence,
Invites me to be a part of the song.
Breeze, with its hands, cold and soft,
Touches me, caressing me, humming a lullaby in my ears.
Sleep, takes me into her bosom, rocking to and fro,
Filling my eyes with dreams, bright and pleasant.
I find myself waltzing with sleep,
Stepping in and stepping out of reverie of dreams.
Yet, I wait for the first rays of sun,
To be on my way home.
Because by night I toil, and by day I sleep,
To move on with life, to move on and on.
Sreeja Sreedharan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sleep by Sreeja Sreedharan )
- Harvest Moon, Naveed Khalid
- Autumn, Naveed Khalid
- The Heart Of Man, Tony Adah
- A Study, Naveed Khalid
- Maturity, Far Lapenna
- Surrender, Suresh Dogra
- ' [ Why I Still Love You ] ', Ency Bearis
- Choices for the time being, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Who can be blamed?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Hawaii, Dress Appropriately, Margaret Alice Second