She searched for him the world
He was in her dreams, but
when she tried to see his face,
She woke up.
Throughout the day, she eloquently
sang of his charming presence.
Her eyes scanned stranger's eyes
for her soul's match.
At times, she would get so discouraged,
She would sleep for days,
Just to see a glimpse of her prince.
And then one day, Beauty finally
decided to stop dreaming.
She worked hard to help others, which
in turn helped her.
Beauty barely slept anymore, but she
was okay with this.
And when Beauty finally enjoyed
a full night's rest,
There he was!
Waiting for her!
A prince to complete Beauty.
Amelia Patterson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sleeping Beauty by Amelia Patterson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Obligation Of Friendship, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Finer Thought, Edgar Albert Guest
- Things That Haven't Been Done Before, Edgar Albert Guest
- A Vow, Edgar Albert Guest
- Loving memories, Elena Sandu
- An Easy World, Edgar Albert Guest
- A Prayer, Edgar Albert Guest
- Gratitude, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Eternal Poet, Sandra Feldman
- Challenge, Edgar Albert Guest