She searched for him the world
He was in her dreams, but
when she tried to see his face,
She woke up.
Throughout the day, she eloquently
sang of his charming presence.
Her eyes scanned stranger's eyes
for her soul's match.
At times, she would get so discouraged,
She would sleep for days,
Just to see a glimpse of her prince.
And then one day, Beauty finally
decided to stop dreaming.
She worked hard to help others, which
in turn helped her.
Beauty barely slept anymore, but she
was okay with this.
And when Beauty finally enjoyed
a full night's rest,
There he was!
Waiting for her!
A prince to complete Beauty.
Amelia Patterson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sleeping Beauty by Amelia Patterson )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Woman Work, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Hold On, Spiritwind Wood
- Underwoods: Epigram, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Passions of Love, Cathy Hodgson
- What Is an Epigram?, Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- Before and Every After, Marianne Boruch
- Patron, Archan Mehta
- I Never Compose A Poem, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Binoo the Actor, sarojkanta dash
- It Is Not Mine, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- A Train Journey, Asit Kumar Sanyal