Daleen Enslinstrydom (25-02-1967 / Springs, South Africa)
Soft Green Leaves Appear On Each Tree
Soft green leaves appear on each tree
with the promise
that spring is coming again.
for the first spring rain
to let drops fall
for seeds to sprout
with beautiful flowers.
Softly the drops fall on the ground
full of the promise of new life,
with the excitement
of the season that is changing.
Butterflies flutter from flower to flower
as if they know that spring is in the air,
and peach blossom confirm
what the universe has know for a long time.
Daleen Enslinstrydom's Other Poems
- A bouquet of flowers for my sister
- A Dew Fresh Morning
- A disposition towards Him
- A dwelling place for my heart
- A Female Friend
- A Grandma Is
- A Granny without an apron
- A Gypsy Song
- A haunting night
- A Jack-Russell called Jack
- A Jack-Russell Called Jack 
- A living icon
- A lonely birthday
- A mother’s work is never done
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.