There was a rose that faded young;
I saw its shattered beauty hung
Upon a broken stem.
I heard them say, "What need to care
With roses budding everywhere?"
I did not answer them.
There was a bird, brought down to die;
They said, "A hundred fill the sky-
What reason to be sad?"
There was a girl, whose lover fled;
I did not wait, the while they said,
"There's many another lad."
Dorothy Parker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Solace by Dorothy Parker )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- From the Notebooks of Anne Verveine, Rosanna Warren
- Koffi II, Edward Kofi Louis
- A Way, Rosanna Warren
- 1st - known Std, sEaN nOrTh
- Mystery Lady, Edward Kofi Louis
- Man in Stream, Rosanna Warren
- Lardy, Edward Kofi Louis
- Purled and Plain, Diane Hine
- Soap And Skin, Edward Kofi Louis
- LOVE الحب, MOHAMMAD SKATI