Soldier is a mark of Loyalty.
Soldier is an idol of Discipline.
Soldier is a soul of Integrity.
Soldier is a human in Divine form.
War is a Battlefield,
Soldiers are the Players.
Each side has a Gameplan,
With different Layers.
War leads to terror and mass destruction
It leads to chaos and devastation.
A stroke of violence spreads a wave of silence,
The waves sail through and engulf the whole Nation.
Devil provokes us to trace the shortcut path
Which might to violence or blood-bath.
An angel will never give a Dark advice,
For the Sun only in the East does rise.
For the soldier there is no sound from the devil or angel.
There is only one divine intervention,
That is with his motherland.
He know not the person he had killed,
Their families or background.
He could only hear those violent sounds
Of the Guns, Tanks and Bombs.
They do not bemoan their fate.
They are not bemused of their target.
They move ahead, they march ahead,
They know not the consequences.
They follow the words coming from far long
And adhere to those words all along.
The commands for them are scripted on stones,
Neither the rain nor the wind can wipe them off.
The only thing that can is its Achievement.
Some perish and some survive,
Those who survive are fortunate to be alive.
The one’s who perish attain martyrdom
And render the countrymen with their Right to Freedom.
They protect us and fight for us
And help us to take a leap.
They burn the oil 24*7
And keep awake while we are asleep.
But in the minds of soldiers
The Zombies linger and haunt.
They echo, they fight and
Remind them of the dreadful sight.
Vinay Vernekar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Soldier :) by Vinay Vernekar )
- Oatmeal, Frank Avon
- Blackpool in a gale, sheena blackhall
- Tonight, Frank Avon
- To Eat, or Not to Eat, Frank Avon
- Hot Flashes, Mitzie Holstein
- Late and Soon, Frank Avon
- My Mermaid Muse, Erato
- A Zulu Kingdom, Margaret Alice Second
- Forever Purpurating Lavender, Stephen Warren Williams
- No Reason To Rush, Kewayne Wadley
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- An Enigma, Edgar Allan Poe
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- On Raglan Road, Patrick Kavanagh
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)