In the calmness of the evening,
And the hush of eventide,
Near a fire brightly burning,
I can lay my cares aside.
By the Lake of Osceola,
Neath the shining evening star,
Here I find another refuge,
And my thoughts do go afar.
On the waters, calm and tranquil,
Down the hill; upon the lake,
Hear the soft melodic murmur,
From the calling of the drake.
Now the moon is rising upward,
And the stars are shining so,
While the sunset glows in crimson,
And the shadows come and go.
Where is found a nobler calling?
Who can claim a better cause?
Than to watch the twilight falling,
In the comfort of the lodge...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Solitude by Jesse Fast )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Unbearable Loss Of Each Young Soldie.., Shalom Freedman
- Let Allah bless, hasmukh amathalal
- Get honestly, hasmukh amathalal
- In So Many Faces I Seek Love, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Surroundings, Somanathan Iyer
- The Crowd, Tony Adah
- Amen (ए'मेन), Ronjoy Brahma
- बबि अनजालि, Bahadur Basumatary
- Witchy lady, Clara Keiper
- Birds, Tony Adah