R. K. Hart
Some Say I Deserve Her.
Some say I deserve her, I say mirth,
You see I feel such a lack of worth.
Her veins are full of grace,
Yet vanity is without trace.
Yet as for myself I so lack,
With such pride and vanity on my back.
I stagger spiritually under such weight,
Upon me my pollutants have arrayed.
But she walks in a glorious ray of light,
With heavenly thoughts always in sight.
It seems God always has her ear,
About her day she keeps the Lord near.
Wisdom is her watch word,
From her lips, the unkind is never heard.
So the question remains am I deserving,
I know not, but I love her without swerving.
R. K. Hart 29/1/2013
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Some Say I Deserve Her. by R. K. Hart )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Roses Are Red Violets Are Blue, Jennifer Alejandra
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- The Freedom I Seek, Douglas ClearyMaxwell
- Stages of life, gajanan mishra
- Remmbering Guernica, John F. McCullagh
- Value, Carolyn Blackmon
- Tagore Song (#9) My freedom exist in da.., Tushar Ray
- What is Courage, Lewis Antonuk
- Full Attention, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Acknowledge What Love has to do with US, michael walkerjohn
- That Thing, Luo Zhihai
- The Polar Star, Tushar Ray