R. K. Hart
Some Say I Deserve Her.
Some say I deserve her, I say mirth,
You see I feel such a lack of worth.
Her veins are full of grace,
Yet vanity is without trace.
Yet as for myself I so lack,
With such pride and vanity on my back.
I stagger spiritually under such weight,
Upon me my pollutants have arrayed.
But she walks in a glorious ray of light,
With heavenly thoughts always in sight.
It seems God always has her ear,
About her day she keeps the Lord near.
Wisdom is her watch word,
From her lips, the unkind is never heard.
So the question remains am I deserving,
I know not, but I love her without swerving.
R. K. Hart 29/1/2013
R. K. Hart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Some Say I Deserve Her. by R. K. Hart )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Holly Moon
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)