R. K. Hart
Some Say I Deserve Her.
Some say I deserve her, I say mirth,
You see I feel such a lack of worth.
Her veins are full of grace,
Yet vanity is without trace.
Yet as for myself I so lack,
With such pride and vanity on my back.
I stagger spiritually under such weight,
Upon me my pollutants have arrayed.
But she walks in a glorious ray of light,
With heavenly thoughts always in sight.
It seems God always has her ear,
About her day she keeps the Lord near.
Wisdom is her watch word,
From her lips, the unkind is never heard.
So the question remains am I deserving,
I know not, but I love her without swerving.
R. K. Hart 29/1/2013
R. K. Hart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Some Say I Deserve Her. by R. K. Hart )
- Staying Power, Michael McParland
- On The Brink Of Heaven, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Names, Frank Avon
- Freedom, stephen ifill
- A Challenge Title Contest - 2014's Nov. .., Brian Johnston
- Missing Links, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Evermore, Sheehan Patrick Augustine
- A lovely even for the stars of respect., Raymond Sawyer
- Silence Passed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I am thankful for my children Ethan, and.., Sagrario Garcia
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- It Is the Hour, George Gordon Byron
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1927)
- Heather Burns
(1644 - 1694)