Maybe if I pretend to be
Someone else instead of me,
I won’t feel like I want to hide,
Or feel the nerves deep inside.
Maybe if I’m able to put on an act,
I’ll feel the confidence which I lack.
As long as I’m really well prepared,
I’ll look as though I’m not too scared.
I’ll look like I’m a star in the making,
When deep inside, I’m really shaking.
I’ll stand up on stage like my heroine,
And show them that I can really sing.
I’ll be someone else just for a while,
And make my entrance with a smile.
I’ll sing out my song nice and loud,
And make myself feel really proud.
Angela Wybrow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Someone Else by Angela Wybrow )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- let me write a poetry for you, Bobby yadav
- friendship! !, Bobby yadav
- The day i saw you first, Bobby yadav
- God is, Ryan Brodesser
- If this is the end, Bobby yadav
- Crow and fox., bjpafa Almeida
- dream of a friend, Bobby yadav
- depth of sadness, Bobby yadav
- Tan distante, Sergio Jaime
- Missing Him, tallulah montegue