Lawrence S. Pertillar
Something Easy to Do
I am told,
Since I enjoy writing...
I must find it easy to do!
First of all...
If someone finds something easy to do.
And they brag about it,
Not because what is done is 'liked'.
It is done because they find it easy.
Nothing is easy about writing.
Those creative things I enjoy...
I don't find easy at all!
There are too many critiques involved.
Folks constantly expressing their judgements.
And then there are those who have jobs and drink coffee,
All day long to tell someone like me,
I should get a real job!
I was told that one time,
By someone taking a two hour lunch break!
And if it takes me two days to a month,
To complete a task...
I don't take breaks until that task is done.
I can't think of one creative person,
Associated with the economic collapse.
No one I know with discipline...
Has time to feed a greed.
Those of creative minds will have to mend this mess!
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Something Easy to Do by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Taxidermy, Lawrence Beck
- My life as a small boat, Mark Heathcote
- I wish I was Blind, Reagan A. Latumbo
- Saint Michael, Saiom Shriver
- Reflections on Divorce, Phil Soar
- Mute Swan, Phil Soar
- Back Pockets, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- TENSED ACKNOWLEDEMENT, john chizoba vincent
- The Fly, Phil Soar
- Story Of Loneliness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak