Sometimes it's morning.
Sometimes it's night.
Sometimes it's dark.
Sometimes it's light.
Sometimes it's cold,
and sometimes it's hot.
Sometimes it's cloudy
and sometimes it's not.
Sometimes you're happy.
Sometimes you're sad.
Sometimes you're depressed,
and sometimes you're glad.
Sometimes you're up.
Sometimes you're down.
Sometimes you smile,
and sometimes you frown.
But, you're never alone
whatever you do.
I'm always right here,
thinking of you.
So, whatever happens
even if it's a crime.
You are never out of my heart.
Not even sometimes!
Gerald Hanners's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sometimes by Gerald Hanners )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- For Kira, Michael P. McParland
- Headache, Akhil Zoomin
- An Objectivist, Akhil Zoomin
- Today Has An Edge Like A Razor, Kyle Schlicher
- To her...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Sunset Couple Time, Saiom Shriver
- Waiting On Nothing, Kyle Schlicher
- Cut Myself While Shaving, Kyle Schlicher
- The Basket Weavers, Holly Wotherspoon
- Eternal Life, Michael P. McParland