Son-in-Law you'll never be
Son-in-law others may see, but it will always be Son to me.
When you took my daughter by the hand and stood before God and man, and promised you would keep her through sickness and health, you became my son.
You stood beside her and held her hand to the very end.
You told her you would love her until your dieing day.
And that you could not live without her being by your side, that you loved her that much and then seven weeks later you laid down and died.
You have kept your promise that you would never leave her side,
that you would Love her now, forever and always.
Now you are standing by her side holding her hand in God's heavenly land.
So Son-in-law it will never be..for you will always be a son to me
For now, forever and always
Bernice Shipman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Son-in-Law you'll never be by Bernice Shipman )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Samuel Taylor Coleridge
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1878 - 3 May 1916)
(1924 - 2000)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Indian Weavers, Sarojini Naidu
Poem of the Day
- My Time, Kyle Schlicher
- TEACHER, Shachi Kaul
- Jackals cleverness., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Gibberish, hafiz qasim
- Child Of Mine, Kyle Schlicher
- My Heart Is Heavy, Kyle Schlicher
- Beautiful Dusk, Shachi Kaul
- New year, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I Am Ready, Kyle Schlicher
- Sonnet: The God of Fairness, Justice and.., Dr John Celes