Song of the Soul
Imprisoned by blood and flesh and bone
Prayer for the Wild, denied to roam
For how can one be warm alone?
Heart of fire, now turned to stone.
Who am I?
I am that which reaches, beyond all height
I am a pillar of rage, ready to fight
Encaged by doubt, enslaved by pain
Rejected again by the Hollow and Vain
Who am I?
I am the soul with the goal to conquer it all
I dream and I dream! And rise just to fall
Soon comes the day to be rid of me
You will decay and I will be free.
Samuel Flockhart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Song of the Soul by Samuel Flockhart )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- आदुंगारिनिसिम, Bahadur Basumatary
- Dancing on a Moonlit Night, Ronald Chapman
- Time For The Heart, Naveed Akram
- Lonely Rose, Ronald Chapman
- Grandmother Dickey, Kate Harrington
- Hey There Girl, Ronald Chapman
- Gone To Sleep, Kate Harrington
- Korea! Always In My Dreams, Ronald Chapman
- Young Liars With Medallions, Naveed Akram
- Stolen Key, Ronald Chapman