Songs of a troubled night
I have had a troubled night
Sweet sleep has let me down
I have wondered about a lot
if you too will leave me torn
I have seen many a tree
Grow well by the riverside
I have seen green leaves too
Fall down before their time
Were you and I a tree
What river will grow us well?
Were you and I green leaves
How long will we green on?
If kisses can prophesy
How long the lips will lock
I would that it be dumb
and lock till time is naught
I loathe many a thing
Love lost, is one of them
How, many "I love you too, ".
Fade away with passing days
We can promise the mango tree
That fruits will grow next year
Will we as days pass by
Manure it in truth and love?
We're bridges on this great sea
And love to cross ourselves
Many have gone this way
Can our bridge be strong enough?
For tides and waves may rise
Salt water may splash the mouth
Will lips that said those words
Repeat them with salty taste?
Think well dear darling girl
Think deep Oh loving boy
Will we keep true to that-
Which we profess today.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Songs of a troubled night by Tonye WilliePepple )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Silent Messages, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- the old man is bitten, RIC S. BASTASA
- ....and then an empty morning sky, RIC S. BASTASA
- Magnitude Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- At present, hasmukh amathalal
- and then the night swallows her includin.., RIC S. BASTASA
- Cupid Pari, binod bastola
- my eye has a patch on the inside, Mandolyn ...
- Final Moment, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- to always be the self amidst these cacop.., RIC S. BASTASA