Sonnet 36: Sweet Love, We Did Renew Our Marriage Vows
Sweet love, we did renew our marriage vows
And our love soared to ecstasy’s new height,
I stooped to conquer with several deep bows
And woo thee again with all of my might.
Our love, now renewed, let nobody say
This our sweet music is not Loves main dish
And two hearts united in love we play,
I aim to please thee with your every wish.
Now these new vows I do not take lightly
And Love must be worked on with Cupid’s grace
With my dear hearts joy so very sprightly
When this talk of love brightens your sweet face.
With these new marriage vows I love thee still
Forever in your heart my greatest thrill
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet 36: Sweet Love, We Did Renew Our Marriage Vows by David Wood )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Remember..., Damian Murphy
- Love has power, hasmukh amathalal
- Uneasy Rider, Diane Wakoski
- Perfect, Awkward Reality, Simon Quperlier
- The Photos, Diane Wakoski
- Thank You Dad!, Damian Murphy
- Change Self Attitude and Find the World .., umaprosad das
- Lonely Is Me, Lilly Emery
- The Father of My Country, Diane Wakoski
- Life May Move, hasmukh amathalal