Ruby Honeytip Poems
- A Woman Of Substance Woman of Substance. She is not flesh ...
- Amazing Disgrace You hurt me, Scared me, Bruised me, ...
- The Mainstream Is Polluted 'Hey, over here! ' Said the road...
- A Date Night She looks beautiful for their movie ...
- I Might Not Be Beautiful, I might not be beautiful, But I ...
- Cheap Thrill My feet are pointing high in the air, I'm ...
- You'll Do I think I realised long ago, There are no plans ...
I speak powerful feelings in my poems.
We come into this world all alone and we are lucky if we leave with someone holding our hand.
The pull to writing the way I do, I suspect, is inspired by my belief in love. They are not all autobiographical.....but some are.....I'm not saying which is which. Some of these poems are delightfully, unapologetically chock ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A Woman Of Substance
Woman of Substance.
She is not flesh and bones
She is intelligent substance,
And decency of character.
She is womanly flesh
Of hand felt proportions.
She knows her way,
And will hold your hand
Until you safely find yours.
There is no judgement in her compassion,
Although, there is laughter in her eyes.
And temptation in her walk.
Faith and love are the warmth
In her nature.
There is a nurturing heart
Beating under the fullness of her breast.
She will quietly hold
Her birthright of self respect
And will ...