Sonnet 65: On the birth of a new royal baby
A wonderous delight has come to pass
The birth of a baby royal to our Kate;
The whole of the Kingdom will raise a glass
And toast this birth with a feeling so great.
William and Kate are the happy pair,
The whole nation is joyful and happy
The baby born with the greatest of care,
Both have to learn how to change a nappy.
One day he will come to rule the nation
That is steeped in our histories greatness:
No one could rise to a greater station
To learn to rule in grace and stateliness.
So let us celebrate this great event
To a new born babe that was heaven sent.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet 65: On the birth of a new royal baby by David Wood )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Small Men & Small Hearts As Contemporary.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Genocide, Nassy Fesharaki
- 'Change! ' They Said By P.Lal, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Memories, Sunny Chopra
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -57, Ronjoy Brahma
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -56, Ronjoy Brahma
- A Balancing Bow? (Advaita), Monk E. Biz
- Small Share Fleeced Investors Go Belly Up, Terence G. Craddock
- I am in the sea, gajanan mishra
- Goddess of England, Joseph Narusiewicz