Dr John Celes
Sonnet: Money Ain’t The Answer
Money, we seek in life to fulfil needs;
Most labour hard to gain some extra wealth;
Some even go on to do evil deeds,
And in the process, spoil their body's health.
Money evades some persons for quite long;
Some get it accidentally, by luck;
Some acquire it through a single song;
But happiness can't come to all by buck.
For, money can't give bliss for all on earth;
Money can't solve all problems in our life;
Neither can it ensure a divine berth;
Money can bring a man unwanted strife.
And yet, the human mind stays money-mad,
Forgetting Almighty God; Oh, how sad!
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet: Money Ain’t The Answer by Dr John Celes )
- Rainbow Looms, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ngiyindodana yakwa Zulu, senzokhaya umhayi
- Uyakhumbula, senzokhaya umhayi
- Wedwa, senzokhaya umhayi
- time or space?, ko the skipper
- The Truth Are From The Laws, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Sadness Of This World, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Could Be Out In The Rain, Vigna Mukund
- Equations: Friend Or Enemy, Guess Who
- Waiting for Dawn, Somanathan Iyer