Dr John Celes (14-2-1957 / Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India)
Sonnet-To My Beloved Motherland, India
My India, I’m proud to be thy son;
My heart with joy leaps for being here born;
My soul with anguish fills for havoc done;
If country needs my life, let me adorn.
This is my land beloved, my Motherland;
This is my home, my ancestors came from;
Even an inch of it, I cannot hand,
Nor spare it to an alien for a sum.
This is the air which I had breathed at first;
This is the soil that gave me food to eat;
This is the water which appeased my thirst;
This is the place that gave me my heart-beat.
My India, who canst challenge thy state?
My blood is thine for any future date.
Poet Other Poems
- "Happy Birthday, Dear Octogenarian ...
- "Happy May Day,2012! "
- (a mono-rhyme) To be exalted...
- (Matthew 27 v.46)
- ‘’Tis Time to Get Married! ’
- ‘Bees will Return to Hives! ’
- ‘Cheer Up, Fella! ’
- ‘Dogo Erectus’!
- ‘Happy Birthday! ' Dear Mary, Mother of ...
- ‘Happy Birthday! ’ Dear Doctor
- ‘Happy Birthday, Dear Diana! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mahatma Gandhiji! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mum! '
- ‘Happy Birthday’ My Dear Sister, Clemenc...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.