Mikolaj Sep Szarzynski
'Tis hard to love not, whilst to love
Be sad joy, if by lust misled,
Thoughts too sweetly gaze on things
That perforce must change and decay.
Who's the man could savour his fill
Of gold, fame, sceptre, delights, false
Count'nance fair, that a heart he'd
Have sated and all cares might allay?
Love's surely our being's just course,
Aye, but 'tis flesh, from matter wrought,
Praising what knows like inception,
Guiles the soul, for which all's little
If Thee, Beauty real and e'erlasting,
It sees not, its love's true object.
Mikolaj Sep Szarzynski's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet V by Mikolaj Sep Szarzynski )
- Yes Sir!, Akhil Zoomin
- Troubles ahead - time, gajanan mishra
- Troubles ahead, gajanan mishra
- I Need You, Diana Rose
- Farewell Mama, akachukwu chukwuemeka ( akab ..
- Love, Akhil Zoomin
- Accident and Emergency Unit, akachukwu chukwuemeka ( akab ..
- Long Lost Love, Marites C. Cayetano
- Likes, Holly Moon
- Living, Holly Moon
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- November, Thomas Hood
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Would Live In Your Love, Sara Teasdale
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns