Sorcery takes my breath away, it catches my tongue, numbs my mind.
What else could it be? I may be hexed, could it be enchantment…
I don’t think it matters, I discover my entire being in shy bind.
My thoughts no longer belong to me, seized, not to be returned.
At all hours, she bears my mind away from anything… everything.
I scream aloud, unable to admit. I need to be saved from myself.
I cannot face that I've fallen, but unlike an angel I had no grace,
I would need it to face my captor, I, too weak to tell.
Bleeding profusely, my heart is not to mend.
I’ll cast it in stone, doesn't mean I'll recover from sleepless night.
Places away, where the world doesn't make sense.
It’s where I can be together with those better than I.
It’s where we live together, captor and willing subject.
The thief who stole my heart, yet without her I am not whole.
For very reason, I cannot bear her down.
As I said, I want to cast my heart in stone,
the weight would pull her from grace…
Jacob Biehl's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Sorcery by Jacob Biehl )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Resolutions, Gordon Ayisi
- Bird Protectors, Saiom Shriver
- the spoken, oskar hansen
- The may, Albert Basumatary
- where gloves meet skin, Mandolyn ...
- THE LAW, glen pugh
- A Butterfly Now, Kyle Schlicher
- To My Friend, A Sonnet, Luis Estable
- My Assignment.(limerick), BADMUS JUBRIL
- I Wait For You, Kyle Schlicher