Sorcery takes my breath away, it catches my tongue, numbs my mind.
What else could it be? I may be hexed, could it be enchantment…
I don’t think it matters, I discover my entire being in shy bind.
My thoughts no longer belong to me, seized, not to be returned.
At all hours, she bears my mind away from anything… everything.
I scream aloud, unable to admit. I need to be saved from myself.
I cannot face that I've fallen, but unlike an angel I had no grace,
I would need it to face my captor, I, too weak to tell.
Bleeding profusely, my heart is not to mend.
I’ll cast it in stone, doesn't mean I'll recover from sleepless night.
Places away, where the world doesn't make sense.
It’s where I can be together with those better than I.
It’s where we live together, captor and willing subject.
The thief who stole my heart, yet without her I am not whole.
For very reason, I cannot bear her down.
As I said, I want to cast my heart in stone,
the weight would pull her from grace…
Jacob Biehl's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Sorcery by Jacob Biehl )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- three legged race, lee fones
- THE PRETTY SHORES IN YOUR EYES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Sounds Of Sorrow, Midnights Voice
- Breathless, Chelsy Schuman
- daily sports pun, lee fones
- humpback whales doing stuff in the ocean, Mandolyn Wind
- Your Difficult Test, Mark Kosek
- New Orleans Cries, Monica Lanier
- The Heat of the Sun, Jacqueline Nash
- the desert knows whats up, Mandolyn Wind