Dr. Yogesh Sharma
SORROW AND MY NATION
Nation is drowned in sorrow,
School, college, hospitals and office;
Cinema halls, all are lost in sorrow.
Wrinkles on the bed narrate the tale of sorrow,
Of newly wed.
Even the flowers of gajra are sad,
Spreading the stench of sorrow.
Sorrow here and sorrow there,
Sorrow every where,
Even the sorrow is dancing on
The dancing floor
And hugging sadness and sorrow.
Nation has decomposed due to sorrow,
By her own creations,
As the unending greed for quotas,
From the obnoxious citizens,
But all the cruel palms,
Giving, delivering only sorrow.
Sorrow! My bosom companion,
Filling the nook and corners,
In all one sick breathing,
I have seen and met only you.
In the calm nights, cool mornings;
In thunder, in rain and tempests;
Only has spread the shoots of dark,
No way seems to get rid off.
Nation is crying and crying,
Leaders erect crumbling sand houses,
Ground was covered with broken glasses,
Only, the dark and dark visible;
My nation, a failed land;
Of secular and social justice game.
Where people always beg with begging bowl,
Play cheating, looting, killing and raping;
Where nation is completely filled,
With the sigh boards of,
Sorrow and sorrow.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (SORROW AND MY NATION by Dr. Yogesh Sharma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- Fulfilled To Get Their Wishes, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- В унисон со старою балладой, Xena von Davydoff
- You Spoke my heart, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Opal thrusts, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The Sea-Wall, Emmanuel George Cefai
- This Night Is Somber, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The Admiral of the Nineteen Stars, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The Seed Of Illusion, Aaryan Deshpande
- Solemn pattering of Waves., Emmanuel George Cefai
- Rain From May, Emmanuel George Cefai