Dr. Yogesh Sharma
SORROW AND MY NATION
Nation is drowned in sorrow,
School, college, hospitals and office;
Cinema halls, all are lost in sorrow.
Wrinkles on the bed narrate the tale of sorrow,
Of newly wed.
Even the flowers of gajra are sad,
Spreading the stench of sorrow.
Sorrow here and sorrow there,
Sorrow every where,
Even the sorrow is dancing on
The dancing floor
And hugging sadness and sorrow.
Nation has decomposed due to sorrow,
By her own creations,
As the unending greed for quotas,
From the obnoxious citizens,
But all the cruel palms,
Giving, delivering only sorrow.
Sorrow! My bosom companion,
Filling the nook and corners,
In all one sick breathing,
I have seen and met only you.
In the calm nights, cool mornings;
In thunder, in rain and tempests;
Only has spread the shoots of dark,
No way seems to get rid off.
Nation is crying and crying,
Leaders erect crumbling sand houses,
Ground was covered with broken glasses,
Only, the dark and dark visible;
My nation, a failed land;
Of secular and social justice game.
Where people always beg with begging bowl,
Play cheating, looting, killing and raping;
Where nation is completely filled,
With the sigh boards of,
Sorrow and sorrow.
Dr. Yogesh Sharma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (SORROW AND MY NATION by Dr. Yogesh Sharma )
- Train, Taylor Carlough
- Rain In Summer, Neela Nath
- Friendship is made by God, gajanan mishra
- Friend, JAMES T. ADAIR
- Isil: Our Planet needs Peace, Rachel Nichols
- You'll Never Know, Akhtar Jawad
- Resource less, hasmukh amathalal
- Teaching - A Satisfying Experience, Joseph T. Renaldi
- The Story of An Autumn Leaf, Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )
- Love Unfetterred, Zulfiqar Ali Bhatti
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Psalm of Life, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)