PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
sad at the very pathetic plight!
just in morning comes twilight!
la martinere fellow, a pupil bright;
gifted qualities raised him to height
novice yet wrote poems very nice
tender emotion turned fatal vice.
ﬁngers drew well pictures cocktail
strummed strings in tune amidst all. turmoil.
highly proud parents‘ very gleaming eyes
long cherished only son outdid ‘the butterﬂies‘.
nurtured ambition set on a right mission
destiny spoiled the sport with ordained destination
dejected at failure though bent on creation
half-way rejected himself out of frustration.
drowned to death in placid still water
left a black mark as his mettle did falter.
my dear sonny, one selﬁsh turned funny;
your sinful folly deﬁled the soul holy.
who will wipe now big tear drops?
‘cynical clock’ ticks; mad world hops!
PARTHA SARATHI PAUL's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sorry Buddy by PARTHA SARATHI PAUL )
- Goodnight Kiss, Nicholas Nikolov
- MURIEL, Donald R Charon
- GLENDA, Donald R Charon
- Tales Of A Wife: Close To You, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- CREDITOR, Donald R Charon
- Tales Of A Wife: Lady Liberty, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Lament Of Many, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Misguided, Donald R Charon
- NATURE'S INFLUENCE, Donald R Charon
- How Was Your Day?, Donald R Charon
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)