There are many things in this world that we cannot understand.
Many things we wish we knew.
The more you think you know,
The more you know not of.
We know that we all must die,
It is just a matter of time.
I am here to tell you
That death is just another beginning.
For in death you become immortal.
In life you prove yourself.
Let your lives show who you are,
But let your spirit fly free and high.
There is no substitute for what we must do.
There is no ending what we cannot understand.
e must find everything that we must to survive.
For in the end,
It is our spirits that may pay the price,
For what we had done in life
philip teed's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Souls by philip teed )
- Emotional Hardship, Sandra Feldman
- Untouched, Lenny Orlando Camacho
- My Mother..., Taimane Fanene
- Ignoring Seasons, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ephemera, Ian Nicholas McDowell
- Seeing light in Darkness, Aziz Akrish
- Mother! will I not be the saffron spot o.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- A Virtual Life, Sandra Feldman
- Never Ending Dreams, Lilly Emery
- My Soul's Song, Matthew Densley
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)