There are many things in this world that we cannot understand.
Many things we wish we knew.
The more you think you know,
The more you know not of.
We know that we all must die,
It is just a matter of time.
I am here to tell you
That death is just another beginning.
For in death you become immortal.
In life you prove yourself.
Let your lives show who you are,
But let your spirit fly free and high.
There is no substitute for what we must do.
There is no ending what we cannot understand.
e must find everything that we must to survive.
For in the end,
It is our spirits that may pay the price,
For what we had done in life
philip teed's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Souls by philip teed )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Mark Strand
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- PH: Echo: Bifurcated Brian, Brian Johnston
- Another Soul, Ronald Chapman
- Bed Time My Love, Michael P. McParland
- Bed Time 2, Michael P. McParland
- Bed Time, Michael P. McParland
- Northern Lights, Angela Wybrow
- Beyond Internal Horizons, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Beautiful Days, Michael P. McParland
- Beautiful, Michael P. McParland
- Back To Bed, Michael P. McParland