Spectral Verses, X, Flames to the West
Soul! Fly high your flames to the West!
Hence spoke the fiery eves request
twilight glints and the sun protests
folding back her sails.
Soul! Fly high your dreams to the East!
Arise to lights unending reach
full moon is hung in dawn’s retreat
moonlight shyly pales.
Dress! Touch your midnight scented bride
that plays and shifts in shadow hides
from new to full her bridesmaids cry
bouquets tossed to earth.
Upon the firmaments divide
they raise their spinster tearing eyes
upward reaching knead sea and sky
bastions of their birth.
Awake! Awake! The pastures’ swell
with tall green grasses, verdant dells,
the misty mountain casting spells
life reclaims the land.
The yard birds sing their yearning song
to svelte wildflowers and dewy corn
upon the hill the tower’s dong
church belled steeples stand.
The joyful singing of the choir
tuneful chords of love’s desire
embodiments eternal fire
poles the compass bares.
From North to South the magnet points
directing lives, approves, appoints,
in life and death reflects, anoints
passions that we share.
The church bell softly tolling now,
the death of death has been avowed
replanted by the tillers plow
spring buds in my view.
Get up! Get up! Your spirits free
drink gypsy wine and dance with glee
dispersed within the liquid sea
life begins anew.
Captain Cur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Spectral Verses, X, Flames to the West by Captain Cur )
Did you read them?
- Beautiful valleys, David Boyce
- Dust Devils, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Threat To My Love, Claude Simpson
- Core Of Mistrust, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Motive Is The Focus, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- macarana, Cee Bea
- Gathering Poetry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Casting Out My Worries To You, Monterio Hill
- The Initiation, Echezonachukwu Nduka
- Circular Cycle, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1886 - 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)