ivor or ivor.e hogg
Great Grandma’s walnut cabinet.
In my house still holds pride of place,
displays her treasures even yet.
Fine china that we could not replace
A solid silver tea service.
Presented to her when she wed,
Objets D’Art beyond all price.
Rare curios she collected.
It has passed down the family.
Mother to daughter faithfully
by each one cared for carefully.
Until at last it came to me.
I have no children never wed
so this tradition ends with me.
I have decided when I am dead,
this piece of local history.
Should be on show for all to see
I have bequeathed it clear and free.
To a museum locally
in honour of her memory.
I have no living kith or kin
with me will die the family tree
I had a brother Benjamin
but he died young, a tragedy.
ivor or ivor.e hogg's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Spinsters Legacy by ivor or ivor.e hogg )
- Idol dances, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Ayrton, Edward Kofi Louis
- Yesterday Hours, Nathalie Handal
- Grammar School, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ephratha, Nathalie Handal
- First Sight., Bieze Josephat
- Gaza City, Nathalie Handal
- The safety., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Limerick-35, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- no more love story, The Princess is
Poem of the Day
- nugget, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- bra maidenform, rwetewrt erwtwer
- healthy back bag, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- rwetewrt erwtwer
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)