My heart has caught fire
from all this desire.
The heat that I feel is so real.
The passion inside me
is burning intensely.
It's something I cannot control.
Will it consume me?
Can I become free?
Will I be able to heal?
What is this attraction
causing such a reaction?
Explosions are making me reel.
It must be spontaneous combustion
like a volcano in eruption.
For that's how you make me feel.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (SPONTANEOUS COMBUSTION by Edwina Reizer )
- Knit in Infinity, Lisa Bertsch
- In Silence, Lilly Emery
- the missing truth, asma writer
- Earth tones of Arizona, David Lessard
- You're My Favorite Fix, Lilly Emery
- COURAGE, LOVE & OBEDIENCE, Tom Zart
- You Are My Everything, Lilly Emery
- Velvet Moon, Lilly Emery
- Fish Waves Beneath The Waves, Saiom Shriver
- The Transcendental At Worthington Lake, Harry Freeman