I fold the leaves open
that still does cover me,
push through the layer of ground
where I have been comfortable.
I stretch myself to the outside,
to reach for the sun again,
I breathe in the air
that I have missed for so long
and now I grow on stored power,
reaching out again
and reach towards the sun once more
to feel every ray of it.
I see the morning
that I have hoped for
and when the leaves of winter
finally lets me go
I am free to live again.
When it rains softly around me,
the drops fall on my soul
causing spring and flowers to bud from me,
to later grow to full maturity.
Daleen Enslinstrydom's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Spring by Daleen Enslinstrydom )
- A to Z for You, Indranil Bit
- Our bretherne, hasmukh amathalal
- Water has central place, hasmukh amathalal
- Sunset, Littlewing28 Pani
- what is kinte, kinte allah
- Peace Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- how far can i go on?, fareeha ghafoor
- I came to you, Gert Strydom
- The days that are past, Gert Strydom
- When morning is BEST, Antonio Liao