spring and sharks
Spring and Sharks.
It is spring nature is green and there are many
variations of verdant, fluffy, shining to sober
olive, with emerald and jade in between.
Yellow is not in to day except for the sun that
shines and rain which is clear as laughter of joy.
Yet I think of lemon sharks that reside in
the Caribbean Sea, they live in shallow water
give birth to little ones; sharks can be avoided
by not swimming in their sea.
There was a knock on my door, a man nicely
dressed, tried to sell me insurance, something
to do with paying for my funeral.
But spring is here and my thoughts are not
morbid. He left me with a brochure of the price
of coffins and the cost of flowers….
It is raining now, gentle rain good for potatoes
and beans, sharks belong to the sea and should
not going around knocking on people´s doors.
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (spring and sharks by oskar hansen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- To My Son, Robert Leary
- I am yours forever, gajanan mishra
- सिनायमोनि आंनि सिमांनि रजे, Bahadur Basumatary
- Wildly Into The Night, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Drunk poetry, Christian Lacdael
- Opportunities, Christian Lacdael
- COPLA 68 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Yes I Do, Lalit Kaira
- Wooden Footprints, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- New Migration Equilibriums Time Shift Es.., Terence G. Craddock