Mark Van Doren
Listen, The wind is still,
And far away in the night --
See! The uplands fill
With a running light.
Open the doors. It is warm;
And where the sky was clear--
Look! The head of a storm
That marches here!
Come under the trembling hedge--
Fast, although you fumble...
There! Did you hear the edge
of winter crumble
Mark Van Doren's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Spring Thunder by Mark Van Doren )
- You can or cannot....., Marshall Gass
- Do you still hear them sing?, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Blessed light, Rubel das raj
- No Time, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The Doctor Visit, Harold R Hunt Sr
- postponed until further -hey, i just not.., Mandolyn ...
- The elusive self., michael walker
- We Honor, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Why Do You Cry?, Harold R Hunt Sr
- read me like this, or don't read me at all, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow