Stand Up For Yourself Fellow
Stand up for yourself fellow for if not you're out of luck
For if you let others use you they will drag you through the muck
And those who seek advantage of you go treat them with disdain
But from any sort of violence your best bet is refrain.
Stand up for yourself fellow as all soft touches lose out
And every soft touch is well known he's known for miles about
The soft touches come second best on them the ruthless prey
Stand up for yourself fellow and from those exploiters keep away.
Stand up for yourself fellow but to those who treat you fair
You treat those people fairly and share with those who share
But of the sneaky ruthless type my advice is beware
And you'll meet plenty of those type as they live everywhere.
Stand up for yourself fellow and in life you will succeed
And be fair with those who treat you fair and don't give way to greed
And earn your bread the honest way and practice take and give
For when all is said and all is done 'tis the only way to live.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Stand Up For Yourself Fellow by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Chicken dance, gajanan mishra
- Being, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- After Love's Partition, Velvet Boots
- Pleasures Of Love, Lilly Emery
- Enchantment Of Yesterday, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Great Thugs of Indian English Poetry.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Spaniels, Diane Hine
- WE RIDE NORTH, AWAKEN!, Hibah Shabkhez
- I am the paradise, gajanan mishra
- Non-Belief and Nothing, douglas scotney