Stand Up For Yourself Fellow
Stand up for yourself fellow for if not you're out of luck
For if you let others use you they will drag you through the muck
And those who seek advantage of you go treat them with disdain
But from any sort of violence your best bet is refrain.
Stand up for yourself fellow as all soft touches lose out
And every soft touch is well known he's known for miles about
The soft touches come second best on them the ruthless prey
Stand up for yourself fellow and from those exploiters keep away.
Stand up for yourself fellow but to those who treat you fair
You treat those people fairly and share with those who share
But of the sneaky ruthless type my advice is beware
And you'll meet plenty of those type as they live everywhere.
Stand up for yourself fellow and in life you will succeed
And be fair with those who treat you fair and don't give way to greed
And earn your bread the honest way and practice take and give
For when all is said and all is done 'tis the only way to live.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Stand Up For Yourself Fellow by Francis Duggan )
Did you read them?
- because we're both globe-trotters, Mandolyn ...
- Interior Constraint, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Silent voice, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- The Gentlemen For Me, Poetic Lilly Emery
- The eyes of the stars is the eyes of Sta.., Raymond Sawyer
- Let's Live in Peace, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- I Dry My Tears, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Valley of an autumn's night, Raluca Mitra
- The stars that touch a rose is the star.., Raymond Sawyer
- *Halloween Stroll, Alice Vedral Rivera
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Young Housewife, William Carlos Williams
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1927)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)