Following the standards of this world, as your work day is unfurled,
May be the normal thing you do, as you see your schedule through,
But, Believers need to be aware, of standards that are set out there,
The standards that deny our Lord, and as moral issues are ignored.
Their standards may get jobs done, but, do nothing for God’s Son,
To help believers live their daily life, above all of their immoral strife.
With our standards set much higher, pleasing The Lord is our desire,
We desire to live and honor Him, while in this world plagued with sin.
Our standard is an Everlasting One, authorized by God’s Only Son,
God’s standard is carved in stone, put in place from God’s Throne.
A standard of unalterable ways, is needed for these changing days.
Standards followed by the wise, as the world chooses compromise.
This standard is the choice of those, who the Lord above has chose,
To shine His light in every nation, to lead all men to God’s Salvation.
God’s standard simply cannot waver, built upon our Blessed Savior,
Before the foundation of this world, it’s the only one we’re to herald.
The Word of God will be our source, as we chart our earthly course,
For The Word alone is foundational, as men seek to live God’s Will.
As the standards set forth by men, by The Lord will be condemned,
But God’s standard is eternal friend, as His will alone will never end.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Standards by Bob Gotti )
- Clouds of brinkmanship, Oti Egwu
- Heroes, Nassy Fesharaki
- O1O→5959→1049 신규 대전오피, O1Oa5959a1049 O1Oa5959a1049
- 신세계 대전오피 010↔5959↔1049 대전서구오피, O1Oa5959a1049 O1Oa5959a1049
- The Empty Room, Maria Magdalena Biela
- Dream liner, Stephen Brian Brady
- peeping Tom, lee fones
- pension scheme, lee fones
- meri sohbat me........., sanjay kumar maurya
- Let me know, Cee Bea
Poem of the Day
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)