Following the standards of this world, as your work day is unfurled,
May be the normal thing you do, as you see your schedule through,
But, Believers need to be aware, of standards that are set out there,
The standards that deny our Lord, and as moral issues are ignored.
Their standards may get jobs done, but, do nothing for God’s Son,
To help believers live their daily life, above all of their immoral strife.
With our standards set much higher, pleasing The Lord is our desire,
We desire to live and honor Him, while in this world plagued with sin.
Our standard is an Everlasting One, authorized by God’s Only Son,
God’s standard is carved in stone, put in place from God’s Throne.
A standard of unalterable ways, is needed for these changing days.
Standards followed by the wise, as the world chooses compromise.
This standard is the choice of those, who the Lord above has chose,
To shine His light in every nation, to lead all men to God’s Salvation.
God’s standard simply cannot waver, built upon our Blessed Savior,
Before the foundation of this world, it’s the only one we’re to herald.
The Word of God will be our source, as we chart our earthly course,
For The Word alone is foundational, as men seek to live God’s Will.
As the standards set forth by men, by The Lord will be condemned,
But God’s standard is eternal friend, as His will alone will never end.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Standards by Bob Gotti )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- A Cloud In Trousers - part I, Vladimir Vladimirovich Mayak ..
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- So Let Us Love, Edmund Spenser
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Hopeless Romantic, Shane Clawson
- Firebird Sunset, Salvatore Ala
- Flicker, Jessica Paige Davies
- I will always return, Jessica Paige Davies
- They are my horses, Jessica Paige Davies
- HOW THEY ALL FALL, Terry Collett
- Caucus at the Parking Meter, Donal Mahoney
- A Small Something, Jessica Paige Davies
- Shrouded, Jessica Paige Davies
- I Live, Tanja Henderson