Trickle down from heaven, as your magic softly flies.
Above, a glimmer of your light descends from dim-lit skies.
Bringing hope, a simple wish of faith, you fall away.
The shooting stars of nighttime bliss; Oh never come the day!
Shaking of the rustling leaves, an ever eerie sound
remind me of those things unseen when there's no light around.
But comfort me, with streaks ablaze! Remind me of the glow.
Guide me forth, forever bringing what I need to know.
For only seconds will you bless my mind with what you hold,
but as the future turns to past the plot starts to unfold...
Mandi June's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Starlight by Mandi June )
- My name is Death, Roxanne Dubarry
- Paleolithic Mermaid, Robert Rorabeck
- For truth only, gajanan mishra
- Clouds Out To Lunch, Robert Rorabeck
- Trouble, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Those Living Deluded, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Integrity Practiced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- My Grandparents' Trailer Home, Robert Rorabeck
- A Warriors Song of Remembrance., Kaila George
- Title Is A Title, Tyrone Gayle