Drawing nigh, the time of choice inside my fiery soul
Digs deeper. All the while, lacking balance takes its toll.
The stone and mortar build a base from cold and empty ground
Erect, at length, the structure that has now come tumbling down.
The wonder then, that plagues my mind is 'Why? What did it lack? '
And 'How much effort will it take; these bricks, again, to stack? '
The trust and hope and faith, and all these things that once were known
They have been tested, yes, but this to you must not be shown.
Will ever, in security my life be fully yours?
Eternal relics of my heart remind me, 'Love endures.'
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fallen by Mandi June )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
Poem of the Day
- Darkness, yvonne stine
- Knocking at your door, yvonne stine
- Noisy -Noisy Frog, Aftab Alam
- Prince and Saviour, yvonne stine
- يا قمرنا يا مليح, Abdullah alHemaidy
- God is faithful & True, yvonne stine
- My name, Nassy Fesharaki
- Author of space and time, yvonne stine
- I Couldn't Hold On Your Hands!, Geetha Jayakumar
- An Apple Of Love!, Geetha Jayakumar