Make Haste! My dreams! For sleep ensures
that in the night I'm only yours!
So, bring the darkness; bring the night
until dawn brings its humbling light.
The stars can sparkle, they will glow
but, in my mind alone, I know
the comfort of your radiant smile
which day was blessed for just awhile.
For countless days, my memory cries
and craves the twinkle in your eyes;
Your touch, your quiet, gentle kiss
are, in the daytime, greatly missed.
But when the shroud of black surrounds
and air is filled with lonely sounds.
I close my eyes; secure a peek,
of you; The only one I seek.
Mandi June's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dreamer by Mandi June )
- Mother, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Lost In The Dream Of The Seventh Willow, mary douglas
- It was a surprise raid, Cyndi K. Gacosta
- Scented, Anthony Di'anno
- The Rebel in Me, Md. Ziaul Haque
- I am with You , Md. Ziaul Haque
- Dreams, Kwalo Voro
- Remembrance, Rose Marie Nizamuddin
- Winter Song, Rose Marie Nizamuddin
- Poet, arshad arshad
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Equilibrists, John Crowe Ransom
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)