Make Haste! My dreams! For sleep ensures
that in the night I'm only yours!
So, bring the darkness; bring the night
until dawn brings its humbling light.
The stars can sparkle, they will glow
but, in my mind alone, I know
the comfort of your radiant smile
which day was blessed for just awhile.
For countless days, my memory cries
and craves the twinkle in your eyes;
Your touch, your quiet, gentle kiss
are, in the daytime, greatly missed.
But when the shroud of black surrounds
and air is filled with lonely sounds.
I close my eyes; secure a peek,
of you; The only one I seek.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dreamer by Mandi June )
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 January 1887 – 20 January 1962)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- XVII (I do not love you...), Pablo Neruda
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Treasure, M.J. Lemon
- For A Friend... (Prose) ..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Thank you Poets!, Paul Sebastian
- One Mourning In The August of '17, Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Muddle, Sunny Chopra
- Hell or Heaven, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- The Beauty that is Simplicity, Leong Ming Loong
- ALL MY DAYS, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Siclliano, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Goodnight Kiss 3, Michael P. McParland