Starry Skies Are Like Holes
Once, the starry skies are obliterated by dozens of magazines
So much fired by the irate soldiers transfixed in laughter;
These holes may be defined with ancestry, agreeing
Like the mainstream faiths, airy haunted zones.
My allegories speak to the suzerains, and the springs
That chase the summers for kindness.
My ancillary staff are upon me, little has been defined,
But my adversary bespeaks as the evening declines
The invitation to perform what is best in life.
Shall the anticipation be overwhelming in the dreams?
Or will my upset head and mind and torso be budged?
The stray cats are let loose with vengeance,
So that foxes taste their wit with the summers and springs.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Starry Skies Are Like Holes by Naveed Akram )
- Compensation, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- 부산(부산) ANMA》０１０ ４８６７ ７５８２《부산(부산) ANMA, masajejjaanngg lee
- 창원 ANMA (ANMA) ☏０１０♭４８６７♭７５８２●창원 MASSAJE, masajejjaanngg lee
- 창원(창원) ANMA℡０１０↘２１７８↘９５０５↘창원 MASSAJE, masajejjaanngg lee
- 창원 MASSAJE⊙０１０◈４８３１◈３２１１⊙창원 ANMA, masajejjaanngg lee
- 창원 ANMA¿０１０¿５９３３¿０４３７¿창원 ANMA, masajejjaanngg lee
- 창원 ANMA MASSAJE 010 ５９４６ ０３７７창원(창원) ANMA, masajejjaanngg lee
- 창원(창원) ANMA》０１０ ４８６７ ７５８２《창원(창원) ANMA, masajejjaanngg lee
- 표항 ANMA (ANMA) ☏０１０♭４８６７♭７５８２●표항 MASSAJE, masajejjaanngg lee
- 표항(표항) ANMA℡０１０↘２１７８↘９５０５↘표항 MASSAJE, masajejjaanngg lee
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Bright Star, John Keats
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Minor Bird, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)