Lawrence S. Pertillar
People are such mysterious creatures to observe.
When it's believed
Someone seen on a daily basis,
Has no worth they can detect.
That person becomes like them...
Driven by bad luck and circumstance.
They are comfortable with not taking chances.
And 'good luck' is what they express in doubt!
When it is discovered someone seen on a daily basis,
Has, in fact...
In front of them and not behind their backs!
They become quite startled that someone like that...
Could care less about the methods used,
Or who determines how success is measured to reflect
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Startled by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Apples!, Edward Kofi Louis
- A Trip, SALINI NAIR
- Inside a family, SALINI NAIR
- Like Crocodiles, Edward Kofi Louis
- The New Chinese Fiction, James Tate
- All that energy..., Dieter Ian Maree
- Let us worship, gajanan mishra
- Girl Jumping Rope, Morgan Michaels
- Woodsmen Day, Doris Beaulieu
- stamp, Alvinzor Flores