STEPHEN SEPT 14TH,2012
STEPHEN Sept 14th,2012
Prime Minister Stephen Harper, please bring about some change,
Or you might be remembered like Joe Clark and why is that strange?
Because like him, the system remains more or less the same,
Counting lots of appointees from secret lists with added names.
So Stephen, I know, you're up against it but please, at least try,
Or without much dignity, many of us will get sick and die,
And binding referendums, like the Swiss, would be great,
Set-date elections would be good too and no need for a great debate.
And while you're at it, completely cancel the parole board,
They are setting murderers and others free who have scored,
Okay, we need a new Constitution to get these changes,
Ask our friends, who, how, when for these changed arrangements.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (STEPHEN SEPT 14TH,2012 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Raging fire, gajanan mishra
- In Praise of Nobility (Twelve), Rubaba Mmahajia Rahma Sabtiu
- WHAT WE HAVE BECOME, Terry terrific Egharevba
- Rebel Yell, Charles Hancock
- Uncommon Rose, John Ugolo Umah
- With apologies, Eric Bult
- My company, hasmukh amathalal
- INJURIES AND INJURIES, ROCHISH MON
- Last Day, Jim Yerman
- Selflessness, Jayatissa Liyanage