Ace Of Black Hearts
Stepping Off To The Side
It really seems to upset people that I do better alone.
I don't understand it, perhaps I never will.
This need to drag others into your life.
They will join you if they want to.
You don't choose love.
It chooses you.
Many times in your life.
Going under the knife.
Go ahead dissect my emotions.
Tell me how lonely and miserable I am.
My faults are obvious like a previously broken knee.
But I will not play or prey upon others emotions.
Wrapping them up in this suffocating blanket that keep getting thrown on me.
I'm sorry but it is just not that cold tonight.
Yes I'm lonesome aren't we all?
But I do not desire or want anyones pity.
My needs, are a matter of heart and mind.
And that's not everyone can provide.
Sometimes you have to realize that you can't help and step aside.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Stepping Off To The Side by Ace Of Black Hearts )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Road is Full of Thorn,, Aftab Alam
- Do accept, hasmukh amathalal
- A Bit On The Side, Rod Morris
- Some Things Should Not Have Been, Anita Khelawan
- Let not this earth be divided, gajanan mishra
- With situation, hasmukh amathalal
- Misery Loves Company, Bill Cantrell
- Hot Summer Tanka, Toshie Nohara
- No need to ask, gajanan mishra
- Truth, Tony Adah