Ace Of Black Hearts
Stepping Off To The Side
It really seems to upset people that I do better alone.
I don't understand it, perhaps I never will.
This need to drag others into your life.
They will join you if they want to.
You don't choose love.
It chooses you.
Many times in your life.
Going under the knife.
Go ahead dissect my emotions.
Tell me how lonely and miserable I am.
My faults are obvious like a previously broken knee.
But I will not play or prey upon others emotions.
Wrapping them up in this suffocating blanket that keep getting thrown on me.
I'm sorry but it is just not that cold tonight.
Yes I'm lonesome aren't we all?
But I do not desire or want anyones pity.
My needs, are a matter of heart and mind.
And that's not everyone can provide.
Sometimes you have to realize that you can't help and step aside.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Stepping Off To The Side by Ace Of Black Hearts )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Sometimes I Find Myself, Blake Mulligan
- Safe Haven, Maverick Jones
- U-IN, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- In lawyer's office, Nassy Fesharaki
- MAGICless, Suburban Lovechild
- Buds Of Imagination, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- quiet in the library, lee fones
- If my shoes could talk, Maverick Jones
- All That I Know, Suburban Lovechild
- I Remained Silent, Lilly Emery