A duck once met a porcupine ; they formed a corporation
Which called itself a Porcuduck ( a beastly conjugation ! ).
A stork to a turtle said, 'Let's put my head upon your torso ;
We who are so pretty now, as Stortle would be more so !'
The lizard with the parrot's head thought : taking to the chilli
After years of eating worms is absolutely silly.
A prancing goat - one wonders why - was driven by a need
To bequeath its upper portion ta a crawling centipede.
The giraffe with grasshopper's limbs reflected : Why should I
Go for walks in grassy fields, now that I can fly ?
The nice contented cow will doubtless get a frightful shock
On finding that its lower lombs belong to a fighting cock.
It's obvious the Whalephant is not a happy notion :
The head goes for the jungle, while the tail turns to the ocean,
The lion's lack of horns distressed him greatly, so
He teamed up with a dear - now watch his antlers grow !
[Original: 'Haans chilo sojaru' (Bengali), Translated by: Satyajit Ray (the able son of Sukumar Roy)]
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Stew Much by Sukumar Ray )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Kurbatka, skender iljaz braka
- Love Restrained, Sangnam Nam
- Kur thyhej vjeshta, skender iljaz braka
- Kur theva nje enderr, skender iljaz braka
- Kur tee kujtova ty, skender iljaz braka
- Unconditional Love, alexander thor cirera
- Kur te kthehesh nje dite, skender iljaz braka
- Kur te kendoja serenata, skender iljaz braka
- Kur me the te dua, skender iljaz braka
- Can anyone tell?, Somanathan Iyer