Still Standing On The Edge (a conclusion towards an unforeseen future)
Still standing on the edge,
knowing I must decide.....
Should I move to solid ground,
or on the edge abide.....
I built a wall around my heart
to protect it from the pain.....
Although afraid, I'll take it down
and try to feel again.....
I'll remove the lid from the heart-shaped box
and let my emotions free.....
allow myself to feel them,
though painful it may be.....
Taking off this mask I wear,
No longer will I hide.....
And resurrect inside of me,
what long ago had died.....
Yes, the future is unforeseen.....
but to its snares I am not bound.....
I will step back from the edge,
and stand on solid ground.....
So I will continue on,
and handle what life brings.....
And trust when times are trying,
My Angel will wrap me in his wings.....
joyce ebrecht's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Still Standing On The Edge (a conclusion towards an unforeseen future) by joyce ebrecht )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
Poem of the Day
- Taron, Pariyon Ke Desh Meri Chandramukhi.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Chandramukhi, I Haven't Seen You For So .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Becoming An Essence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Chosen Path, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I've Killed, Mr. Nobody
- Treasuring Experience, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Flair, douglas scotney
- Feel the pain, gajanan mishra
- Inhaling Breaths Of Words, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Where Chants Collide, Richard Jarboe