Stones Soften To Stew...0609-2k13
Many a rising sun, I have witnessed, set
Wavering night lamps seen steady get
A Diamond’s worth, none could match
Dud coins seen work as sterling batch
Those with none their own in our world
Same the sons seen thrive, unfurled
Only with HIS blessings unlock
On water seen some people walk
People say their lentils wouldn’t brew
And I’ve seen stones so often stew
Those who valued not friends; o’bhulley!
Seen them wring empty hands to stay
saadat tahir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
charde suraj dhalde vekhe...
bujhde diwe balde vekhe...
heere ya koi mul na chare,
khote sikke chalde vekhe...
jehna da na jagg te koi,
oh v puttar palde vekhe...
loki kehnde daal ni galdi,
main te pathar galde vekhe...
jinhan qadar na keeti yar di bulleya
hath khali O malday vekhe...
Baba Bulhey Shah
A famous sufi saint/poet of the Punjabi language.
Comments about this poem (Stones Soften To Stew...0609-2k13 by saadat tahir )
- S. Truett Cathy - In Memory, Bill Grace
- A pair of eyes, Cigeng Zhang
- Dying In The Truth, Dexsta Ray
- The Purple Ant, Bhargabi Dei Mahakul
- Just For Me, Elia Michael
- A Sad Bird, Rohit Sapra
- we are a perfect promenade, Mandolyn ...
- When Love Opened The Door, Lora Colon
- Bounty of giving, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.50, Monk E. Biz
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- As Soon as Fred Gets Out of Bed, Jack Prelutsky
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)