Stones Soften To Stew...0609-2k13
Many a rising sun, I have witnessed, set
Wavering night lamps seen steady get
A Diamond’s worth, none could match
Dud coins seen work as sterling batch
Those with none their own in our world
Same the sons seen thrive, unfurled
Only with HIS blessings unlock
On water seen some people walk
People say their lentils wouldn’t brew
And I’ve seen stones so often stew
Those who valued not friends; o’bhulley!
Seen them wring empty hands to stay
saadat tahir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
charde suraj dhalde vekhe...
bujhde diwe balde vekhe...
heere ya koi mul na chare,
khote sikke chalde vekhe...
jehna da na jagg te koi,
oh v puttar palde vekhe...
loki kehnde daal ni galdi,
main te pathar galde vekhe...
jinhan qadar na keeti yar di bulleya
hath khali O malday vekhe...
Baba Bulhey Shah
A famous sufi saint/poet of the Punjabi language.
Comments about this poem (Stones Soften To Stew...0609-2k13 by saadat tahir )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Mousetrap, Herbert Nehrlich
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Country Inn, Dr. Yogesh Sharma
- Mysterious guest., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- If You Could, Brian J. Stafford
- Melancholy of a dreamer, Jonathan De Vocht
- The snow makes me happy., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Nilgiri Tahrs., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Wild boars., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Father Damiern, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Thunder In The Distance, Susan Lacovara
- Grant me Love! Demon., Leylek D. Sovura